Start the always-running controlcenter¶
This starts a Docker stack with following roles:
- traefik: reverse proxy that reroutes traffic to the correct container and takes care of SSL certificates
- ssh_agent: container that is used as proxy for your ssh keys, so they have to be added only once
- dns: dnsmasq container that is used as local DNS resolver for the specified tld and project prefix
see the command info for useful flags.
launchpad controlcenter start
Add the root_ca to your local certificate store¶
To be able to use ssl certificates, a valid root certificate is needed.
This command will create and add the CA certificate to your system.
launchpad controlcenter install_ca
This command only installs the CA certificate on MacOS
See known issues on how to work around this on Linux systems.
Enable the needed / wanted sync strategies¶
see sync strategies for the installation instructions.
DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP
Without any configured sync strategy, you won't be able to start project.
The needed strategies depend on your OS and the sync decision in your projects
Load your local ssh key(s) into the ssh_agent container¶
This should ask your passphrase (if not, add one!)
The path has to be absolute, otherwise the key can't be loaded.
launchpad controlcenter add_ssh_key ~/.ssh/id_rsa
Add the aliases to your shell environment¶
To have automatic aliases in your shell for current en future commands of launchpad, add the following at the end of your shell config file (
source /dev/stdin <<<"$(launchpad aliases)"
Restart your shell or open a new window, and see of the next commands work:
dlpc status dlpp
Default available aliases
- dlp -> launchpad
- dlpp -> launchpad project
- dlpc -> launchpad controlcenter